Tucked away in the heart of the Finger Lakes region, we have three houses to rent on two different properties within 15 minutes of Ithaca College, Cornell University, and downtown Ithaca. Our newly renovated house and timber-framed poolside cottage at Flora Farms overlook a working farm with creeks, flower fields, and orchards of apple, cherry, and pear trees. The 100-acre hillside property has dozens of intertwining trails to explore by foot, bike, snowshoe, or cross-country ski.
The Snyder Hill house is even closer to Ithaca but still has a rural feel.
Both properties have stunning views of the rolling hills that make up the lush upstate New York landscape and are just 20 to 30 minutes away from award-winning wineries and cideries, and numerous state parks known for their hiking terrain, waterfalls, and gorges.
- “Excellent place! It is absolutely adorable and really well decorated. I would definitely stay here again. Good location as well. Very close to Ithaca Brewery and Robert Treman Park. My girls and I loved it.”
- “The Flora Farmhouse was perfect for my family’s stay in Newfield for my wedding. The house was comfortable, clean, and very well appointed. There are many shared common areas which were perfect to gather for breakfast, conversation, and group activities.”
- “The girls raved about how wonderful the experience was! The house was amazing — from sitting in the hot tub to doing yoga to enjoying the grounds, everything was perfect!”
- “The kitchen and dining room were perfect for cooking and eating together!”
- “Kimi and Andy’s home is quite incredible. Kimi was absolutely accessible and helpful if we needed anything.”
- “A very relaxing location both sitting on the deck listening to nature or walking through the orchard.”
Known for food, wine, and outdoor activities, the Finger Lakes are a destination for hiking, fishing, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, downhill and cross-country skiing, the Finger Lakes Wine Trail, and farm-to-table restaurants galore. Flora Farms and Snyder Hill are close to Cayuga and Seneca Lakes and the thriving Ithaca food scene.
We’d love to have you feel as though you’re visiting friends who want you to relax and enjoy their homes while giving you the privacy you need. Incorporating the Vedic science of architecture, our properties are decorated to maximize the feeling of peacefulness and prosperity. We try to combine Southwestern and modern design, as well as the intricate patterns, use of color, and light reflection of Middle Eastern and Moroccan cultures to turn each living space into a piece of visual art.
The Flora Farms House
The biggest of our rental properties, the house at Flora Farms is located on a working 100-acre orchard and flower farm. With 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, it can comfortably sleep 10. The open floor plan makes it easy for guests to socialize or entertain, but you can find privacy in the gardens, patio deck, or finished basement. The light-filled living area offers gorgeous farm views and overlooks our swimming pool and cottage. The pool is available for use by the renters of the house and the cottage, as well as farm residents.
The Flora Farms Cottage
The most intimate of our three properties is a studio apartment nestled on the ground floor (pool level) of the Flora Farms Cottage. Not included in the rental is the residential space on the main floor with a loft. The pool is available for use by the renters of the cottage and the house, as well as farm residents.
About the Farm
Our 100 acres host a flower farm and a working orchard.
The sustainably grown flower fields, cultivated by Plenty of Posies, bloom from spring to mid-fall. You can order a bucket of flowers from proprietor Audrey Norberg or check out their vibrant hand-picked bouquets at the Ithaca Farmers Market.
The orchard is managed by Eve’s Cidery. You can find them at the Farmers Market as well and taste their award-winning hard ciders.
Snyder Hill House
Closer to downtown Ithaca, our 2-bedroom, 2-bath 1850s farmhouse was fully restored in 2016. It has beautiful wood floors and comfortable open spaces for entertaining and relaxing. Since the bedrooms are on opposite ends of the house, it offers privacy for two couples traveling together or a couple with children. But the living areas are open to each other, so you can be as separate or together as you’d like.
Kimi and Andy are always available for our guests when needed or to give them privacy if they so desire. Contact us!